Wednesday, May 30, 2007

33 Days and Counting


Not to hate on Harry (the last thing I need is to have another wizard mad at me--long story, don't ask) or J.K., the richest, most powerful woman in the world, but we have another new release from a Brit master about to drop.


Now that Kurt Vonnegut has joined Douglas Adams on the other side, I'm going to have to declare Neil Gaiman is my favorite living writer (Best thing about living writers? They're alive to write new books. Of course, that hasn't stopped 2Pac).


Anyway, M is for Magic is a collection of short stories (I know, not a new book exactly but we're not going to have to wait long for that either) that really is a good intro to Gaiman's writing. This is flying under the radar, so there's not a long wait yet.


Once you're hooked, you'll want to go back to some of his early books, starting with Stardust (hitting the screen in August) and Neverwhere and working your way up to the amazing American Gods. Or you can do the right thing and drown in the genius that is The Sandman. Your call.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I have read two of Gaiman's works: Coraline (a YA book) and "The Solution of Susan" (a short story).