Monday, February 12, 2007

It’s not our blog… it’s yours.

Hi!

My name is Jennifer, and I teach computer classes at the library for kids and teens.

Now, don’t get me wrong… I’m actually not a librarian. A lot of the people you see working in a library aren’t. But I like working with teens and I like computers, so my new job as a “Technical Assistant” for the “Youth Services” team seems like a good thing.

This is the first time that I’ve ever worked at a library. As a matter of fact, until I started working here, I don’t think I’d used my library card for years. Now I’m discovering there’s a lot of interesting (free) stuff happening at the library. I’m also discovering that there are a lot of folks who (like me) don’t know about it.

A bunch of us thought maybe we could make it easier for teens to find out what’s going on at the library... to get the word out about things you might find interesting. We tossed some ideas around and talked to some teens. (Special thanks to everybody at Seminole Heights, 78th Street and North Tampa who shared their ideas and feedback!) Then, we put together a team of staff people from libraries around the county and started a blog… for you.

It’s a place we can talk about good books, cool tech, library events, and whatever else might be interesting to the teens in our libraries and our community.

It’s not our blog… it’s yours. Tell us what you want to talk about @ the library.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Heidi. Great job so far!

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting!

Anonymous said...

I like badgers. And sugar gliders. Sugar gliders are really cool.

Anonymous said...

I love our libraries

Jen K said...

I'm glad everybody's enjoying our new blog!

Heidi said...

Now I can post comments with my account!

Anonymous said...

snigity

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm very glad that there is finally something we get to do and look at on the library computers. and that we can talk freely among other anime and manga lovers!
~Ashley~

Anonymous said...

hello.i :) anime!uh,thats all

Anonymous said...

hello.i :) anime!uh,thats all