Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I loved this book the moment I started to read it!


The Face on the Milk Carton
By Caroline B. Cooney

‘The Face on the Milk Carton’ is the first book in a suspenseful mystery novel series. I loved this book the moment I started to read it! I really enjoyed the emotion and the romantic scenes. The best thing about this novel is that it’s so interesting that it makes you keep going until the climax. “Why are Janie’s parents always so anxious? Why are they not letting her see her birth certificate? Was Janie kidnapped?” After all that you just cannot put the book down! You keep turning the pages and moving to the edge of your seat, as Janie goes on the adventure of her life to find her true identity. The clues don’t go together and get more complicated as new puzzle pieces come into play; I felt as if I was a part of the story and had to finish the act. When everything finally goes right I thought that the book had finished, however, it was only half done. There was still a missing piece to what I thought was the complete puzzle. Yet, as the book begins to end, all of your questions will not be answered. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the squeal, “Whatever Happened to Janie?” and hope that this book will be just as mysterious and full of complexity.



Priya

(New Tampa Regional Library TAB member)